Monday, July 2, 2007

M is funny

My sweet, almost five year old always has the cutest things to say or cute expressions. Here are a few samplings from today:

1. We went to our local theme park with some friends today. M rode a ride (kind of like Dumbo at D-land) and B also wanted to ride. The attendee said she was too little, which she objected to! She had ridden the ride before so the whole time M was flying in the air B cried, loudly, right behind the attendant guy. (Of course I wouldn't move B...I wanted the guy to feel bad!) When the ride was done the attendant said B could ride the ride if M went with her. B was really excited but I think M was ready to move on. M was a good sport and sat next to B on the ride. Before the ride started the attendant put his thumb up to make sure everyone was ready to start the ride. He held it up for an unusually long time and M kind of looked annoyed. She finally gave the guy a thumbs up with a bit of an annoyed look, as if to say, "hello, we're ready, what are you waiting for!" My friend and I just burst out laughing. She is such a funny little girl!

2. M had been talking about riding a bus ride at the theme park all day. Towards the end of the day we headed over to ride the bus. M got on the bus with her three little friends and I sat with B a couple rows ahead of the others. As we were waiting to go a man said to the attendant, "Excuse me, my daughter just got sick" I didn't know if he meant she was scared or something else. I looked back and saw M looking disgusted. Her eyes were wide and her hand were covering her nose and mouth. I looked at the little girl directly behind M and it was clear she had vomited! I didn't know how much though. I thought it might have been just a bit because no one said to get off the bus. We sat there for awhile until I started getting whiffs of the vomit and decided to exit the kids off the bus. M later said, "Mom, I don't know why that little girl would come to the park if she was going to throw up." O, the innocence of children. I explained to her that we don't always know when we will get sick, but she still thought the little girl shouldn't have come!

3. When we got home M was planning her Birthday party. Yes, it is over a month away but heaven forbid we are not prepared. She was listing off friends she would like to attend the big event. I said, "what about me, I'm your friend, can I come." She replied without hesitation "You're not my friend, you're my mom!" I thought it was pretty funny. I guess I can't be both!

3 comments:

natasha said...

Gotta love those "vomit" stories... I would have been OFF the bus pretty quick!

sounds like lots of fun...and good job making the attendant feel bad for not letting B ride the Dumbo ride! Did she throw him a positively perfect black look with all the crying?
:)
tash

amelia said...

i hope she had a black look in with the crying. would make for a killer guilt-inducing combo...

someday m will discover that moms make great friends as well as moms.

did you tell her aunt amy will be there for her birthday? i'll have to find something special to bring just for her.

Natalie said...

Such a fun day...

I wonder if M could tell the attendant at the ride didn't speak English ~ except for the rehearsed "script" they all say at the beginning of the ride.

Did I tell you when I asked if J was big enough he said, "I don't know..." So much for relying on them to help keep our kids safe!