Sunday, July 8, 2007

Mice and Frogs and Deer! Oh My!


So in the past couple of days I have noticed a plethora of critters while I have been out driving. I have seen ground hogs, mice, frogs, fireflies, chipmunks, and deer. Within the past few weeks I've come close to hitting some of these little guys. Others have not been so lucky and have encountered an untimely death under the wheel of my van. (Sorry little chipmunk and froggy) When I ran over the chipmunk I let out a yelp that startled M. I had to pretend like I didn't hit the poor creature as to not traumatize her. I guess where I grew up in southern California there weren't as many little animals that ran out onto roads. I think you are more likely to see a high speed chase in socal than to see a deer grazing on the weeds along side the 405. I like all the nature surrounding me but I really don't like seeing all the dead carcasses along the roads. It is fascinating to know all those creatures are out there...but please, stay off the roads little animals!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope they listen better.

rob