These Two books + Me = ...
THIS!!

For the past three days I haven't done much besides read! I love reading but when I do, my house work goes by the way side. I can't just read a chapter at a time when reading a good book, I have to know what happens next! These books by Kahled Hosseini are excellent reads. I thought the first book was a memoir up until I was two thirds of the way done with the book. He brought up feelings and emotions in me that not many authors are able to do. At one point during The Kite Runner I felt sick to my stomach because of what was happening to the boy in the book. I learned a lot about different perspectives and a different culture. I know it is just bits and pieces of the culture, but it is more than I knew a few days ago. Now I am left with five loads of clean clothes to fold, (at least they are clean) but I did read two great books! (Mom, if you're reading this, sorry about all the clean clothes everywhere! I know you would have them folded by now...but it is, after all, my least favorite chore!)
4 comments:
I'll have to look for those books at the library this week... What other ones should I put on my list?
....and that is why I can only read while Jared drives! I can't just read a chapter at a time - I have to finish the whole book! Magazines are the way to go for me during the week!
I'll definately check those out, though. Especially since we have a vacation coming up. Whee!!!! See you soon!!!
I wish I could read while driving...I get car sick if I do. who knew you don't grow out of being car sick! We're excited to see you too!
Jeni, I used to have the same problem reading in a car.....somehow I have learned how to do it without getting sick....I think sitting in the front seat and keeping the book up high enough for me to also keep a sense of direction on the road helps.....
And for the piles of laundry....I'm sorting through mine because I did the same thing....I read a book on Sunday and most of Monday! :)
tash
Post a Comment