Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Bus Blues
Today I was getting B ready to go out and pick M up from the bus stop. While I was getting her ready my doorbell rang. I went to the door to find my neighbor, who told me the bus was already there and M was on the bus crying because she wasn't allowed to get off. Our district has a policy that kindergartners can't get off the bus unless a parent is present. I ran out to the bus (no shoes and its been raining!) and apologize to the bus driver. He told me he was a bit early today and not to worry. M was crying and the little neighbor girl was also crying. She was pretty upset about the whole thing and has asked me several times since if I will be at the bus stop when she gets off... everyday. I tried to reassure her that I would but I guess I will just have to make sure I am always watching a bit early for the bus. Such a sad little girl today getting off the bus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hopefully the bus driver was nice to her. It is actually a good thing, our bus driver had no idea which kid belonged to which parent at the bus stop. Hopefully, it is a sign that she will always be safe!
My 4 year old today went out the wrong door/side of the church when we were getting ready to leave volleyball (without me)...I was looking all over for and she was standing on the other side of the church staring at an empty parking lot, sobbing, because she thought I'd left her.
You wonder what goes through their minds when stuff like that happens.
I know how she felt ... I cried and cried after realizing that M's mom also forgot about the shoe closet request (sniff).
Post a Comment