
After!! I was inspired by Jessica who has a really beautiful black and white bathroom. I thought I would suprise R while he was out of town this week. I'm still waiting to see if he'll like it! I painted the walls, bought decorations, painted the cabinet, hung curtains, and cleaned! I am pretty happy with the results. I think my little shelf could use something else though. Maybe take the air freshener off the shelf and put a plant. (would it live though?)






9 comments:
Ooooh! I love the black and white. I have some before and after pictures that I will be posting later today too!
it looks great, jen. i love the two mirrors side by side. and i like how you gathered the curtain in the middle. and the bird on the shelf is great (where'd you find it?).
i think the air freshener is fine on the shelf. i think you just need to add a bit. the shelf looks too sparse. i'm not sure what. but something. maybe a handful of small polished stones next to the candle, just scattered on the shelf--not in a dish or anything. i think there needs to be something in each of the sections, too. what if you got some fake grasses and put them in with the air freshener so they kind of curved up with stems at bottom left and fan out towards top right? or you could use decorative papers to put a false back in the small sections (top right, bottom left)--maybe a black and white pattern that would work with your shower curtain.
anyway. just bouncing some ideas. i'll let you know if i think of others.
The bathroom turned out great - I love the painted vanity cabinet! It looks sleek black... and the darker towels on the towel rack add a nice bolt of color with the mirrors behind it. I think R will be very impressed with your hard work this week. Your bathroom might become a room of increased activity...
I got the bird at Target! I like the fake grass idea...I thought it needed green. Lallie, what can I say?!
I love it.. great job!
Why thank you! I'm impressed you did that all by yourself. I do not do projects all by myself...when I'm all by myself all I do is read.
love it!!! AND....I'm trying the cornbread recipe tomorrow!!! Also love little M's ability to *reason*!
Did you get something nice from Ryan for leaving you alone while he had fun in Utah???
I'm still trying to catch up...so sorry I haven't been around.
love you
tash
Very nice transformation!! I too love the side by side mirrors. As for the shelf, yep, just add something to each of the sections--something green would be a nice touch.
I've had a number of pieces of furniture I've wanted to paint black...so I must ask, "how did you do it?" Did you sand the cabinets first and then prime them or just apply the paint directly to the cabinets as they were? Did you use spray paint or interior wall paint? Matte or glossy? Any tips you can share would be greatly appreciated.
J and I are curious as to R's reaction--did he love it as much as the rest of us do? : ) J confirmed that he would probably appreciate my hard work if I did something like that, but painting the cabinets black might not go over well with him. Fortunately the pieces I want to work on are not cabinets and they're pieces he's never liked anyway so black might be an improvement. : )
R loved it. I actually couldn't believe how excited he was. He loved the cabinents. I used a primer and interior wall paint. I wish I would have sanded them but it turned out ok. The guy at Lowes told me I didn't have to sand. I did put a seal over the paint though because it was scratching. So far so good. I was shocked at how excited R was though. Maybe he was just glad he didn't have to watch me stress over redoing something!
Post a Comment