
Today was H's B-day and to celebrate we went apple picking!! A tractor pulled us out to the orchard and all the kids were able to pick six apples! B loved it. She was so proud of her bag of apples, until it got to heavy for her to carry!
Towards the end she realized she could eat the apples! (They weren't cut up and peeled like they are at home, so she was probably a bit confused at first!)

She ended up eating about half the apple before it fell on the floor for a second time and I took it away. That caused a bit of screaming but I figured since it was the concrete which was dirty I wouldn't let her have it back. She had fun and will be excited, I'm sure, when we go back and pick apples as a family!
6 comments:
Super cute photos... I thought it was funny when she asked me for a "big girl apple" ~ atleast that is what it sounded like she was asking for!
I totally miss those apple orchards! We used to get tons of apples and make pies! I wish they had them here where we lived.
Very cute kids!
so cute. i wish i could be there to go apple picking with the fam. maybe some other time i'll be there late enough in the summer to do it.
What a fun party... was it just for the younger children?
It was just for the little ones...prbably 15 or so two year olds were there!
Sure do miss apple picking in the fall!! I've seriously considered placing an order for Honey Crisps and Cortlands from Saratoga Apple Orchard...J insists we can find them out here but I'm not convinced as everything we've seen online shows that they aren't available--we'll see.
Post a Comment