Friday, October 26, 2007

Signs of the Season!

Fall is here! I have a love/hate relationship with fall. There is something magical about having the landscape around you change and morph into beautiful colors. It is exciting watching as M prepares for Halloween...her favorite holiday! She gets so excited and we have been counting down the days. I was never much of a Halloween person but am trying to change my ways for the sake of my children! I love the beautiful pumpkins, the little ghosts and goblins. I love the oranges, reds, and yellows of the trees around. I also like the crisp air and bright blue skies of fall. The only thing I don't really like about fall is that I know winter is coming! We have had some beautiful days here lately and I am grateful for the sun. I guess I can learn to appreciate any time of year...as long as the sun is shinning!




















8 comments:

Bonster said...

Love your decorations!!

Natalie said...

Great photos... The colors are so perfect! Your yard looks cute - you could never tell you didn't like Halloween much!

EstesSBTAK said...

The colors are beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing. Happy Halloween to you! :-)

Guinevere said...

Your yard looks really great. This is when we miss NY the most. Love your fall sign too (ha ha). What are the kiddo's going to be this Halloween?

Jessica said...

I'm with you on the love/hate. Gorgeous(love) but beginning of winter(completely hate.)

smlaw said...

I was just thinking about posting about the fall! I feel like the colors this year are some of the most vibrant we've had in years!

zippy said...

Awesome pictures, colors, and decorations! Thanks for sharing! There is nothing that compares to a NY fall...sigh. I'm really missing NY in the fall...but, sorry for those still there--I am ecstatic about not being there for winter! : )

amelia said...

everything here in california is green. including me. with envy. i do wish i could be where there was a real fall. and a real winter...

i did get to see a bit of fall color on my roadtrip on the weekend. that was nice. someday you and tasha and mom and i should do a girl trip up the california coast with a stop in san francisco. you'd love it all. so gorgeous.