
This corn bread is super good! I don't really like corn bread that much but love this recipe...maybe because it tastes a bit like cake and I love scraping the bowl and eating the left over batter! Here's the recipe:
2 Cups Bisquick
6 Tbsp. Corn Meal
1 Cup Sugar
Combine in bowl
2 Eggs, slightly beaten
1 Cup Milk
Beat until just blended.
1/2 Cup melted butter (I use salted butter and would not use margarine)
Mix into the preceding. Place in 9 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 34-40 minutes. Test with toothpick. Makes 12 small servings or one big serving!
I have doubled the recipe and it takes quite awhile to cook. (I think it was just over an hour) The corn bread starts to look brown on the top towards the end but that's ok. It get crusty on the edges and is sooooo good. (And usually I under bake everything but this is great crusty!)
ENJOY!!!
4 comments:
Sounds yummy! I might just have to make that today!
I know Natalie's family likes it...even the kids I think!
I am going to try it, sounds really good!
I just really love corn bread, and I make it as much as possible!
We love it! Carson devours it... I made it once when we fed the missionaries and one of them chose not to have dessert because he wanted more cornbread - He said it tasted like cake!
Post a Comment