
Okay people...I know ipods are in and all but where is the fun in them? This morning as I ran on my treadmill, with my trusty walkman, I thought this through. Sure having all your favorite songs in one small place is nice but where is the thrill of scrolling through all the radio stations until you find a great song and then being satisfied that yes, you did find some great music to run to? On an ipod you are guaranteed a good song...unless you let some stranger download all your music. It's exciting knowing you get to work out and not being sure of what you will be listening too. It could be great music, it could be mediocre music, or it could just be a bunch of DJ's talking or commercials playing. In the end I love my little Sony Walkman Sport. It has been with me since my freshman year of college (ten years now!) and has served me well. So, I will go on channel surfing and giving myself something to do as I run on my treadmill and stare at the water heater.
(I guess if anyone is offering to buy me an ipod so I can see the difference I would be willing to accept. Just make sure it's a fun color, say, red, orange, or pink...I'm not picky!)
7 comments:
I can only handle the treadmill if I am watching TV while exercising. It is far too boring for me! When I was actually exercising (way back when) I would walk during the show and run at the commercial - perhaps I should try that again and get by rear in gear!
That's a great idea lallie. I love my Ipod. I love being able to put on hymns.. and then change over to work out music. But I left mine outside and I think water got into it. It still works great, but the corner of my screen has gone black. The hubby wants to get a new one for himself.. and I can have his old one. So if that happen's my old one is up for grabs.
We are cheapos, so we have an MP3 player. It cost $30 and I LOVE IT WITH ALL MY HEART. I even download books from my library website and listen. It's awesome.
I will agree with the MP3 player, It works just as well and is way cheaper, I love mine! (okay, so I got if for the hubby for his B-day and I have used it ever since). I am running with some ward girls and its just not the same as running 1 block behind you, I feel like I actually have to keep up. At least there is no snow, but its still at 6:30 am. Do you really still have that arm radio?
I still have the arm radio!! I do have an MP3 player and should really learn to use it! The book idea is great! I do miss running with you Winnie...your the only person I have ever run with. I have been getting up at six thirty too. I have been doing three miles (4 min. walking 4 min. running) if I just run I can 't go far, but the run/walk thing works!
I'm a bit more like lallie... I've tried listening to music (on the radio, or CD's, though I haven't tried since acquiring our IPod) and it doesn't work as well as watching TV or reading my scriptures (only works for me if it's my scriptures, I've tried other books and I just get motion sickness, weird I know.)
ipod all the way. it's all about having good music, not variety. and if you want to be surprised, you just set it to random play and you never know which of the several thousand songs you've put on your ipod will pop up. and you NEVER have to deal with those HORRID, AWFUL, VERY BAD, NO GOOD radio commercials and the only very slightly better (but still awful, no good, and very bad) radio DJs. i hate pretty much all radio that is not NPR.
having never had a no-name MP3 player, i suppose i can't really weigh in on that. i just know that i love my ipod with all my heart. it makes me happy happy.
Post a Comment