Sunday, October 21, 2007
Church With B
Today at church during the sacrament something funny happened. When the bread and water are passed around B always asks for "more bread please." She says it so nicely and I always have to tell her we only get one piece. She usually watches behind her as the bread tray continues down the rows. Today we got the bread and B asks nicely for a second piece once it is gone. For some random reason one of the boys passes the bread from the opposite side of the row not knowing we already had the bread. When I get the bread I hold it and look at him trying to figure out if I should hold it and wait for him to come get it or send it back to him. As I am looking away I feel the tray move. I look down and realize B has grabbed a second serving of bread. Not just a second piece, a second handful. She has about four or five pieces in her little hand before I realize what she has done! I let her keep them since her hands were all over them and she was quite happy with her second serving of bread. By the time the water came around for the second time, I had learned and kept it out of her reach! So much for saying only one piece of bread....at least for today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is cute, blame it on the boys... perhaps they should have been more aware of which rows they were passing to.
LOL, thats really funny. I liked the bread today too. I do think they boys need to get some Evian, the water tastes really bad. Oh well good thing for mints.
You had a second handful-er, too (see my post)?! So funny!
My kids have wanted to do that too. Once when R was younger he was drinking the water while leaning over the tray and as he was drinking it 1/2 of his cup spilled into another cup. I was laughing so hard (silently) and the guy took the tray away before I could think of what to do. So someone that day had R backwash while taking the sacrament!
Post a Comment