Monday, October 1, 2007

Exercise


Lately I have been walking with friends, running on my treadmill, or both. I have kept it up for about three weeks now and am pretty happy with myself. I figure I'll start on the exercise and then slowly change my eating habits. Last night I went to bed late and knew I would not feel like getting up and exercising first thing. When N and S called this morning I told them I was just going to run at home. B was sleeping and had a late night and I didn't want to wake her up. The morning dragged on and I really didn't want to run. I finally forced myself to go run because what would I tell my friends when they asked about it?! Thanks to my friends for "inspiring" me to run. I managed a three mile run/walk in 44 minutes...one minute faster than the last time I did it! Some days the thought of exercise is daunting, but once I do it I feel great!

4 comments:

Bonster said...

Good Job!!! It is so hard for me to not be lazy when I'm on my own, so I get other people to workout with me too! We only get to do aerobics at the church on Tue PM, so we are meeting at each others houses on Mon AM and Fri AM so we can get in 3 workouts a week. Keep on Keepin' on!

Natalie said...

Great Job with your workout yesterday! I didn't do anything... not even walk to the bus stop! Although chasing the little ones around the soccer field last night made me sweat (and it was chilly)!

Anonymous said...

Check out my blog... I finally made a new post and it has to do with exercising!

The Merrell Family said...

You are awesome! I have to say, you're doing much better than me. I haven't run since Sept. 15. Yikes! I guess I've helped pack up my mom. That better count as excecise. It's definately tiring enough!! Anyway.... you're great. Good job!