Thursday before we went out of town we encountered a freak hail storm which delayed our trip for a little while. It hailed so much and we all had fun watching out the windows while it happened. Weird...hail at the end September.
I remember that night... My in-laws were here! There were a bunch of BIG trees down on the main road to my house... the roots were up from the ground and left huge holes - It was pretty cool to see! We lost power for a little while, too.
It's probably rude, but it brings me a little bit of joy to see other parts of the country having cold weather while ours is still pleasant. It keeps me going when our weather is 40 degrees colder than most of the world.
Our weather is usually colder than most. I do hear Chicago's wind/temperatures is pretty bad throughout the winter. Our winters start early and end really late! Just what someone born and raised in Southern CA really likes!
Though there are many things about NY that I miss, I can gladly say--this is not one of them. Though our summer was long and hot (still in the 90's this week...should "cool off" to the 80's this weekend) I'll take it over the supers long and cold winters of NY!
4 comments:
I remember that night... My in-laws were here! There were a bunch of BIG trees down on the main road to my house... the roots were up from the ground and left huge holes - It was pretty cool to see! We lost power for a little while, too.
It's probably rude, but it brings me a little bit of joy to see other parts of the country having cold weather while ours is still pleasant. It keeps me going when our weather is 40 degrees colder than most of the world.
Our weather is usually colder than most. I do hear Chicago's wind/temperatures is pretty bad throughout the winter. Our winters start early and end really late! Just what someone born and raised in Southern CA really likes!
Though there are many things about NY that I miss, I can gladly say--this is not one of them. Though our summer was long and hot (still in the 90's this week...should "cool off" to the 80's this weekend) I'll take it over the supers long and cold winters of NY!
Post a Comment