Despite not going to our local theme park due to the rain, the girls had a pretty fun day. This morning we painted their "baby" pumpkins with glitter glue. They both loved it. M painted the three tiny pumpkins...one scary, one happy with makeup, and one sad pumpkin. Mommy tried helping B with her pumpkin but in the end gave up artistic control (which is hard for me!) and let B squeeze all kinds of glitter glue all over her pumpkin! Notice B sticking her tongue out...it's something both girls do when concentrating on something! They get it from their dad...he chews his tongue when focusing!
The finished products!!

Since we didn't go to the theme park we decided to have a movie night. We spread a blanket out on the floor and the girls have yummy treats while watching a movie. Tonight's choice is Night at the Museum. They both actually like it which is kind of surprising for their age. It is a really funny movie! Despite the rain and grey skies we had a fun day together!
6 comments:
Fun ~ What kind of paint did you use? We are thinking of painting ours tomorrow night?
We used puffy glue paint...or something like that! It was Elmers glitter paint and it is starting to peel off in some spots, where little kids pick!
Amylynne thinks the "sticking the tongue out while concentrating" is a family trait...she has noticed it in several members of our family!
How fun! I still can't get a 2 year old to sit through a movie over 25 minutes. I guess that's good so his brain doesn't rot, but on a Friday night it might be nice every once in a while. One day...
Cute pumpkins. We did the same and I have been finding glitter everywhere. I prefer that to carving now because its so humid here, the pumpkins rot in a day or two. So sad.
looks like fun. are you carving the big ones? last year shaun carved their pumpkins on halloween and they were supercool. of course, he's remarkably talented at design and stuff. i don't think i could make such good jack-o-lanterns... plus i hate the whole scooping out the innards thing (though if i recall correctly from our childhood, you always loved that part).
I'll carve the big ones. Growing up we never carved pumpkins until Halloween day. I didn't realize until I went to BYU that people carve them ahead of time!
Post a Comment